This year i will be talking at Adobe Max 2017 in Las Vegas, below are the details of what i'll be covering in my session. Tickets for Adobe Max 2017 are available now, and you can sign up for this session now too.
The Devil’s in the Details: Creating Poster Art for the Pop Culture Scene
London-based illustrator Dan Mumford creates highly detailed and vibrant illustrations for iconic movies, TV shows, and the pop culture scene — and he does it all in Photoshop. Join Dan as he walks you through recent projects and shares his secrets and tricks for creating his distinctive work.
As Dan takes you from his initial concept sketching to finalized artwork, you’ll learn how to:
- Break down a brief: Understand what a client wants and why you should trust your instincts
- Know your audience: Find the right way to pick key imagery from a franchise or property to work with
- Sketch out your ideas and the importance of laying a solid foundation
- Understand color theory and techniques to use shadow and lighting for great effect
- Master the illustration process in Photoshop and what tools to use
- Finalize artwork and prepare for screen printing